Type It LOUD..

A say it community (as nicely as you can)

Latest worldwide earthquakes

Reuters Oddly Enough

Who has 4th of July Plans?

The Fox

Who has 4th of July Plans?

Post  The Fox on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:46 pm

What are you doing for the 4th of July?

Jimmy and I had plans of going to Ohiopyle for the day and celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary. We both work midnight but we have to postpone all of this because he's very sick right now. Crying or Very sad He ended up tapping into his long term sick leave through work. c3 & c4 disc are pinching his spinal cord which is making his arms numb and just Thursday afternoon he lost mobility in his leg which is NOT GOOD!

Yesterday he had a horrible day which had me so scared because his breathing became compromised and I had to give him 2 nebulizing treatments after calling the dr and I have been keeping him inside from all this heat too! He almost dumped his plate of food going into the livingroom after almost falling. His coordination is failing fast! He can't even hold a cup of coffee in one hand rignt now.

The 11th and 18th couldn't come soon enough. He has to see the neurologist on those days... 2 seperate opinions. UGH! I've never seen my husband so sick and down in the 3 years we've been together! I'm so worried about him!
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Who has 4th of July Plans?

Post  Admin on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:55 pm

I didn't kno he was so sick..i thought he had just strained his back..i'm so sorry..Jimmy is in my prayers..n so are u..
    The Fox

Post  The Fox on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:07 pm

Thanks Pan. He needs surgery like right now but he is so damn stubborn! He's the kinda guy where any sane person can see the pain on his face n he'll look at you n tell you he's fine with a smile on his face! For the last 6 weeks he's thought he could work through it and the dr told him, if you put it off over fear of surgery n paralysis, no surgery could lead to paralysis. He has to figure out which one is going to be worse for him! Shocked I love him so much but he makes me want to kick him in the rear to set him straight!

Then his breathing yesterday threw me for a loop! I was not expexting that right out of the blue! He has had a very faint wheeze but not to the point where I could hear him across the room like yesterday! OMFG! Scared the shit out of me!
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:42 pm

Well a kick in the rear sounds like that'll fix him..either for surgery or a wheelchair..
    its so hard to make a decsion that affects the quality of someone's life..but on the other hand he has to come to terms that he cant do certain things..n i hope he considers surgery seriously n not just blow it off without really considering what will probably happen without it..
    The Fox

Post  The Fox on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:01 am

I'm not ready to push him in a wheel chair. ! No way am I ready for that bullshit! I want atleast 30 years of marriage out of him! Very Happy I'll take 40... that would make him 94! Twisted Evil

Ed Smith

Post  Ed Smith on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:40 am

I am in the same boat as Jimmy with the cervical ruptures. Mine is c3 thru c6. Luckily mine hasn`t gotten bad enough for surgery I feel for him and know the pain well.I haven`t lost any strength yet. No strength in his hands or arms is a sign that he`s ready for surgery. They go thru your throat to correct this. I wish him well..
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:05 am

Fox, I hope Jimmy gets to read Ed's post..n takes it from a man that can relate to him..
    Ed, I had no idea they'd go thru the throat for that kind of surgery..

Ed Smith

Post  Ed Smith on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:52 am

I talked to a couple guys who were amazed at the results after their surgery. It made me feel better about it once i talked to them. The doctor in pittsburg is doctor Macaroon. My spelling may be wrong..
    The Fox

Post  The Fox on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:49 pm

I've read some promising results from google searches to him. The fact that they have had instant relief is comforting. He knows they go through the neck. He has an appointment with Kaufmann through UPMC in the Rostraver office n one with Angle on 51. He wants 2 opinions, which I can't blame him. I feel so helpless though and once he does have it, I have to find someone to sit with him and make sure he is okay through the night while I work. I'll probably have his mom come over. At least he'll be comfortable with her.

I want him better already. It's been tough for both of us, especially him but I have tried to keep my selfish feelings in because he doesn't need to worry more than what he already is.

Ed Smith

Post  Ed Smith on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:03 pm

I can`t blame him for 2 opinions. I`m sure the reading up helped as well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:05 am